April 11, 2013 by thelittlepinkmustache
In my attempts to win that bacon mug from the Instructables bacon contest I have come up with a late entry of Banana Bacon Muffins. Also lets face it I really don’t need a reason to cook with bacon. So this journey into bacon came along with my bacon slave Laura.
So here is the Recipe for Banana Bacon Muffins.
1-1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1teaspoon backing soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 pound maple cured bacon
- Dice up your bacon as fine as you can. I only diced mine about 1/2 an inch and while they do taste amazing in the finished product I think it would be even better if they were more finely diced. When you have diced your back place it in a large fry pan and cook till crispy. Dry bacon on paper towel to let it cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Take your 3 bananas and mash them up. I used a pastry cutter but you can use anything that will work for you. In another bowl, beat together your mashed bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. When it is all mixed together take 3/4 cups of your cooled bacon and mix it into the batter with a spatula.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and then start to prepare your muffin tins by putting muffin cups into the muffin tins. Start to spoon batter into the prepared muffins cups so they are about 3/4 filled.
Ingredients for the Bacon Crumble
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
Remainder of the bacon
- Take the remainder of the bacon and put it into a food processor and pulse it till it fine.
- After that is done add your packed brown sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon and butter to the processed bacon. Pulse this a few times till it is all mixed well together.
- Sprinkle as much or as little as you want onto the tops of the muffins.
- Place the muffin tins into the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up take muffins out of the oven and insert a toothpick into them to see if they are done. If they come out clean they will be done and ready to eat.